Do you have an idea for the next great movie? If so, this is your shot to win $5000 to help fund your short film! Here’s the scoop:
- – The contest runs from October 21, 2021 through February 1, 2022.
- – It’s a unique opportunity solely for HBCU students interested in a career in filmmaking.
- – In a 1-minute video, pitch us a short film concept that you’d like to shoot. You can use graphics, props, non-professional actors, or anything else that will help best convey your idea in 60 seconds.
- – One pitch submission per student… so make it count! The grand prize winner will be awarded $5000.
- – And did we mention that this is a free contest? So, what are you waiting for!
How to Enter:
- – In the Submission Form below, enter all fields – including (but not limited to) your full name, personal HBCU college or university email address, and the HBCU school that you’re currently enrolled in (either part- or full-time) – and, most importantly, a link to your 1-minute Pitch Video.
– Pitch Videos:
- – Keep in mind that your Pitch Video cannot exceed 1-minute in length!
- – Creativity and originality (two of the primary judging criteria) of both your pitch and your concept are both strongly encouraged. Create something different… make your pitch stand out!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Not open to the general public. Void where prohibited. Open to college/university students 18 years of age or older who are currently enrolled in an HBCU college or university and reside in one of the 50 states of the U.S. & D.C. Starts 10/21/2021. Entries must be received by at 11:59 pm PT on 2/1/2022. Prize restrictions apply. For details and Official Rules, click here.
Submission Form for FOX SOUL’S Screening Room / HBCU Pitch Contest: CLICK HERE
“You’re Watching FOX SOUL’s Screening Room” Video:
– In January 2022, FOX SOUL’s Screening Room, hosted by Hollywood icon Vivica A. Fox, will be back for a second season—and we want YOU, the next wave of filmmakers, to help welcome us back from commercial break each episode. In the FSSR Video Form below, send us a short video where you state your name, the HBCU college/university you attend, and then welcome us back from break. For example:
“My name is ______ from ________ University, and you’re watching FOX SOUL’s Screening Room!”
- – Be as creative as possible and include as many of your fellow students as you’d like.
- – The best videos will be featured on a season 2 episode of the show!
- – Note: This video is a separate submission from the FOX SOUL’s Screening Room / HBCU Pitch Contest video and has no bearing whatsoever on your eligibility or standing in the pitch contest and no prize is offered or awarded.
Submission Form for “You’re Watching FOX SOUL’s Screening Room” Video: CLICK HERE