FOX SOUL Celebrates Black Filmmakers
Catch episodes of FOX SOUL’s Screening Room every Tuesday at 8pm ET/5pm PT!
The Screening Room – hosted by the Queen of Hollywood, Vivica A. Fox – features and celebrates young Black filmmakers and their short films. It’s the best of the best from the newest crop of talent in Hollywood!
- Are you behind on Screening Room episodes? Don’t sweat it, we’ve got you covered! Grab your best friend, a bowl of popcorn, and start watching… it’s a great opportunity to laugh, cry, and be awestruck together.
WATCH OUR SCREENING ROOM CHANNEL HERE
- Or check out some of our staff’s favorite films here:
- LOREEN’S GOTTA BOOGIE (Comedy): It’s 1978… A Filipina American has big dreams of dancing on Soul Train.
- ASIA A (Drama/Based on True Story): A recent spinal cord injury patient struggles to reconcile his sense of self-worth with his new reality as a paraplegic.
- PINK & BLUE (Drama/LGBTQIA): A Black and Filipina Trans couple of color faces the pressures of a surprise first-time pregnancy and wrestles with how to raise their child in a binary world.
- BOO HAG OR SHADOW MAN (Comedy/Thriller): When a career conjure woman messes up a banishment ritual for a client, she accidentally brings back the angry demon to her unsuspecting roommate.
- WOULDN’T MEAN NUTHIN’ (Drama/Romance): A short film that captures an evening in the life of an apathetic poet who is dragged out on a double date with one of his friends. His awkward blind date takes a turn when he runs into the love of his life.
- ‘TIL DEATH (Comedy): After killing his wife, a man learns he will be haunted by her extremely angry and unforgiving ghost for the rest of his life.
- LALO’S HOUSE (Drama/Based on True Events): This short film is inspired by true events centered around child trafficking in Haïti. I spent almost a decade investigating a “Catholic” orphanage there where the head nun was allegedly trafficking young girls.
- LOLA (Drama): FOX SOUL’s Screening Room’s first feature film, and the world’s first movie franchise with a female boxer as the protagonist. After fighting for her life during a sexual assault – and surviving – a young woman finds strength and power in her newfound talent for fighting back.
- THE PANOLA PROJECT (Documentary): This award-winning film chronicles the journey of Dorothy Oliver in her heroic attempt to vaccinate her rural, Black town of Panola, Alabama. Nearly 99% of adults in Panola have now received the shot in a state with one of the lowest vaccination rates in the U.S. The film illuminates how an often-overlooked community comes together in creative ways to survive.
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR SEASON 3!
Are you a filmmaker interested in having your short movie featured on a Season 3 episode? If so, submit your short OR feature film and materials HERE for a chance to sign a licensing deal with FOX SOUL and interview with Vivica A. Fox!
Interested in having your short film on Fox Soul’s Screening Room? Submit your materials here for review HERE